1. Who can submit information online for opening a Savings Bank account?
Any resident Indian desirous of opening a Savings Bank Account with any branch of State Bank of India.
2. Can I open an account jointly?
Yes. You may open an account jointly, with up to three applicants.
3. Will KYC documents be required for all account holders?
Yes. KYC documents in respect of all joint account holders will be required.
4. Can the KYC documents be different for the joint account holders?
Yes, provided each submits a set of KYC documents as stipulated by the Bank.
5. Can a minor submit information online for opening a Savings Bank account?
A minor may submit information online for opening a Savings Bank account provided he/she is more than 10 years old and can sign uniformly.
6. Can an account be opened in the names of more than three persons?
Yes, but in such cases you cannot submit the information online. Please approach the branch for opening such accounts.
7. Is there a time limit within which I must approach a branch after submitting the information online?
Yes, you must approach a branch within 30 days of submitting the information online. If the account is not opened within 30 days, your customer information will be deleted from our records.
8. I will have to submit my personal information online. Is it safe?
Yes. The page you will submitting your information is VeriSign secured and the information will be encrypted before transmission.
9. Can I submit the documents to the branch by email?
No. Each person who wishes to be an account holder will have to visit the branch personally, show his KYC documents, and sign the AOF in the presence of an authorized official of the Bank.
10. Can I submit the documents to any branch of SBI?
Yes. To locate a branch, use our Branch Locator. Once you have submitted the Account Opening Form to one branch, you will not be able to submit the same form to another branch.
11. I have forgotten the TARN. Can I retrieve it?
When the TARN is generated, it is also sent to you by SMS. If that SMS is not available with you, you will need to enter the information again and generate a new TARN.