Merger of Associate Banks with SBI Data Level Merger of SBT
Personal Banking FAQs
(I) Associate Bank Net Banking Users
1. I am a customer and net banking user of SBH/SBP/SBM/SBT/SBBJ. In view of merger of my Bank with SBI, shall I need to register afresh or can I login with the net banking username and password provided to me earlier?
There is no need to register afresh for availing net banking services of SBI i.e. the merged bank. You can login with the same username and login password for logging into OnlineSBI.
2. After data merger of my erstwhile Associate Bank with SBI, what will be the URL or website address for availing net banking services?
The website address after data merger of your bank (SBH/SBP/SBM/SBT/SBBJ) with State Bank of India will be https://www.onlinesbi.com.
3. Can I avail the samenet banking facilities of my erstwhile bank (SBBJ/SBP/SBT/SBH/SBM) after merger with SBI?
The net banking features of Associate Banks are almost similar to State Bank of India. After merger, you will be able to use all the facilities as it is.
4. Do I need to register my mobile number afresh again in OnlineSBI after merger of my erstwhile associate bank (SBBJ/SBP/SBT/SBH/SBM) with SBI?
There is no need to register your mobile number afresh after merger of your bank with SBI.
5. Whether the third party beneficiaries (Interbank/Intrabank/International/IMPS) added by me in my net banking account previously, will be available in OnlineSBI after merger of my bank with SBI?
Yes, the third party beneficiaries added and approved by you earlier will be available.
6. After merger, am I required to register my email ID in OnlineSBI afresh for availing e-Statement facility?
It is not required to register your email ID afresh in OnlineSBI.
7. I have registered many billers in my net banking account prior to merger. Whether it is required to register the same billers again in OnlineSBI after merger?
The same billers already registered by you will be available in OnlineSBI even after merger of your bank with SBI.
8. I have set standing instructions/scheduled bill payments in my net banking account prior to merger. What will happen to those standing instructions?
Even after merger of your erstwhile associate bank with SBI, the standing instructions earlier set by you, will be executed on the due dates. There is no need to cancel those standing instructions.
9. My erstwhile associate bank has been merged with SBI and now I am unable to access OnlineSBI with the old username and login password?
Username and Password are case sensitive. If still you are unable to login, please lodge a complaint in CMS.
10. What are the changes in service charges for AB’s customers after Merger?
Yes, there is a change in NEFT/ RTGS charges. Service charges as applicable for SBI customers will be applicable for customers of Associate Banks after data level merger.
11. Will there be any charges for fund transfer through IMPS?
Yes. All transactions performed through IMPS (inter bank / intra bank) will incur service charges as hitherto.
12. I want to add existing SBI account holder as third party beneficiary.
Erstwhile SBM,SBBJ,SBP,SBH Customers : You have to add the existing SBI/erstwhile SBT account holder as Inter Bank Beneficiary under Payments/Transfers > Inter Bank Transfer choosing RTGS / NEFT option till further notice. No fund transfer charges will be applicable recovered.
SBI & Erstwhile SBT Customers: You have to add existing SBI account / erstwhile SBT holder as Intra Bank (within SBI) beneficiary under Payments/Transfers tab.
13. I want to add erstwhile bank account of my friend as third party.
Yes, you can do it through ‘Within SBI’ link.
14. I want to make funds transfer to existing SBI or other ABs account.
SBI & erstwhile SBT Customers : For remitting funds to Erstwhile SBM, SBBJ, SBP, SBH beneficiaries, kindly use Interbank Transfer category (IMPS/NEFT/RTGS) till further notice.
Erstwhile SBM, SBBJ, SBP, SBH Customers : You have to use Inter Bank Transfer category under Payments/Transfers > Inter Bank Transfer choosing IMPS / RTGS / NEFT option for fund transfer till further notice. No funds transfer charges will be recovered.
15. Can I go for resetting of password (login/profile) with any SBI branch?
Erstwhile SBM,SBBJ,SBP,SBH Customers : For resetting of password Please visit to your erstwhile bank branches till further notice
Erstwhile SBT Customers : Yes, you can now visit any SBI Branch (existing SBI or erstwhile SBT Branch) for resetting of password.
16. Can I open Fixed deposit / RD offered by my erstwhile Bank?
Erstwhile SBM,SBBJ,SBP,SBH Customers : Yes. For the time being, you will be able to use the FD/RD products of your erstwhile associate Bank. After data level merger, FD/RD products as applicable for State Bank of India will be available for opening using net banking. You have to choose your erstwhile bank name only, till further notice.
Erstwhile SBT Customers : No, the Fixed deposit and RD products will be available as per State Bank of India Scheme.
17. What bank to be used while making merchant payment like ticket booking, e-commerce,etc?
Erstwhile SBM,SBBJ,SBP,SBH Customers : You need to choose your erstwhile bank name till further notice.
Erstwhile SBT Customers : Please select SBI at the time of making merchant payment like ticket booking, e-Commerce, etc.
18. Can I go for New PPF account application with any SBI branch?
Erstwhile SBM,SBBJ,SBP,SBH Customers : After few days, you will be able to do so, till the time your erstwhile bank branches can serve you.
Erstwhile SBT Customers : Yes, you can now select any SBI branch i.e. (SBI or erstwhile SBT Branch).
(II) SBI Net Banking Users
1. In my net banking account, I have added few third party beneficiaries holding account in associate banks of SBI? After merger, do I need to add those beneficiaries afresh under Intrabank Beneficiary category or no action is required at my end?
After data merger of Associate Banks with SBI, the beneficiaries added by you under State Bank Group Transfer will be available in the system in Intra Bank for SBI and Erstwhile SBT Customers and in Inter Bank for Erstwhile SBM,SBBJ,SBP,SBH Customers.